A critic may say, a church is just a club for professionals and hypocrites. In the Christianity, a church building is just a building or structure whose main purpose is to ease the meeting of the Christian Church.
As Christianity grew and became more approved by authorities, notably with the Edict of Milan, rooms and, ultimately, whole buildings were set aside for the specific purpose of Christian worship, such as the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
Conventional church buildings are frequently in the kind of a cross and often possess a tower or dome. More contemporary church buildings possess an extensive variety of architectural styles and layouts, several buildings that have been designed for other functions have now been transformed for church use, and several first church buildings possess been put to other uses.
The four conventional Notes of the Chiesa cristiana are unity, holiness, catholicity, and apostolicity. In the phenomenological sense, you will find many organizations that call themselves Christian churches.
Here the List has a few of the most attractive churches throughout the world. Las Lajas Sanctuary is a small basilica church based in the southeast Colombian Department of Nario, municipality of Ipiales and constructed in the canyon of the Guitara River. Though building of Sagrada Famlia was begun in 1882, Gaud became involved with 1883, taking on the task and changing it with his architectural and engineering that combines Gothic and curvilinear Art Nouveau types.
The first building, known as Trinity Church and afterwards Trinity Cathedral, included eight side churches organized around the ninth, central church of Intercession, the 10th church was built in 1588 on the grave of venerated local saint Vasily.
In the sixteenth and seventeenth hundreds of years the church, recognized as the earthly symbol of the Heavenly City, as happens to all churches in Byzantine Christianity, was commonly known as the Jerusalem and served as an allegory of the Jerusalem Temple in the annual Palm Sunday parade attended by the Patriarch of Moscow and the tsar.
The church continues to be part of the Moscow Kremlin and Red Square UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1990. The current building was initially built as a church between 532 and 537 on the orders of the Byzantine Emperor Justinian and was the 3rd Church of the Holy Wisdom to occupy the website, the previous two having both already been destroyed by rioters.